At Pearce & Pearce, Inc. we value the trust placed in us to safeguard sensitive information. Protecting the privacy of your personal information is of paramount importance to us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Pearce & Pearce, Inc. collects personal information in order to determine student waiver approval and to administer individual insurance programs. The information we collect may be obtained from the following sources:
- Information provided by you on applications for insurance, student waiver requests and related forms
- Information from outside sources including eligibility listings from schools and providers of administrative services. (This information may include your name, address, social security number or school ID number, date of birth, phone number, marital status (including domestic partnerships), your dependents and your academic enrollment status.)
- Information regarding prior or existing health insurance coverage
- Information from you and others regarding premium payments. (This information may include credit card numbers, bank account numbers and other material relating to premium payments you make.)
- Information about you in connection with health coverage claims from third parties providing benefits and services under your coverage, including providers of medical services. (This information may include medical services bills and medical record information.)
We retain your personal information for only as long as required by our business practices or required by applicable law.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
- We do not disclose any personal information about you to anyone; except as permitted or required by law. We do not sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to anyone for purposes unrelated to determining waiver approval or providing our products and services.
- We may at times need to disclose your personal information to determine waiver approval, underwrite your health insurance coverage, process and record your premium payments, communicate your eligibility for benefits as provided in the policies, protect you against fraud, and to service health insurance claims.
- We may also provide your personal information to a court, government agency or other third parties when subpoenaed or as otherwise required by law.
All medical information is kept confidential. We will not use or share, internally or with third-parties, your medical information except for the purposes of:
- Administering the policy or claim;
- As permitted or required by law; or
- As authorized by you.
SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY OF PERSONAL CUSTOMER INFORMATION
We restrict access to personal information about you to only those employees (or people working on our behalf under confidentiality agreements) who need to know the information in order to determine waiver approval or provide products and services to you. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural security safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard all personal information.
Pearce & Pearce, Inc.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to request a copy of your personal information we have on file. You have a right to have us amend your personal and health information for as long as we maintain such information.
For any of the above requests or if you feel your privacy rights have been violated, please submit your request or complaint to:
Attn: Privacy Officer
PO Box 2270
Florence, SC 29503