Welcome! Consolidated Health Plans and the
University of Massachusetts at Amherst are pleased to provide this student
health benefits plan to UMass students. We encourage you to take some
time to review the important information about your plan with the links
provided on this page.
When seeking care, first consult University Health Services. Health
Services can provide you with many of your health care needs. In
addition, they can refer you to outside providers who will best optimize
the benefits of your health plan.
When you are considering whether to participate in the plan, think about this:
health insurance is a way to reduce the financial worry associated with
medical or mental health care while attending school. The UMass plan
- Access to the Cigna PPO network, including health care providers who are local to the UMass Amherst campus.
- Coverage for both emergency and non-emergency conditions.
- Prescription drug benefits.
- Coverage for the full academic year, while at school & at home.
- No pre-existing condition exclusions or eligibility waiting periods.